The August webinar taught us about the growth of gender-lens investing and how it has risen across the US and globally.
In 2013, Stefanie Crowe, MBA, CFP®, founder and CEO of AegleWealth, and six other women business leaders recognized a huge opportunity. Less than 3% of venture capital in the Southeast U.S. is allocated toward women-led companies. Yet, companies with at least one female founder on their team perform 63% better than all-male founded teams (First Round Capital, 2015). They also realized that women’s capital was not being fully leveraged for early-stage ventures in the Southeast.
The seven decided to do something to help. When they established The JumpFund, a women-led micro VC firm investing in female-led ventures across the Southeast, they had two main goals:
- To activate women as angel investors
- To provide access to capital for female founders in the Southeast
Fast forward to today:
- Women now represent almost 25% of all angel investors (Angel Capital Association)
- Women now represent 83% of The JumpFund’s investors across their two funds
- The JumpFund ultimately raised two funds, invested in more than 30 women-led companies, has had several successful exits, and engaged the capital of over 100 women (plus a few good men)
In this special Inspiring Insights webinar, you will learn about:
- The growth of gender lens investors and how it has risen across the U.S and even globally
- The gender gap in venture capital and how that continues to make it difficult for women-led companies to secure funding
- Angel investing, what attracts angels to specific investments, and how to prepare an investment-ready pitch
- Her work with the JumpFund and how it complements Crowe’s commitments as she serves AegleWealth’s remarkable clients
- The benefits of joining Equita Financial Network and why Crowe made the leap in 2020
About Stefanie Crowe
Stefanie Crowe, MBA, CFP® is a wealth advisory and banking veteran, an entrepreneur, and an angel investor. Along with founding AegleWealth in 2020, she is a Co-Founder and General Partner with The JumpFund, an angel fund supporting female-led ventures in the southeast (founded 2014). Crowe spent over a decade with Bank of America/US Trust (and predecessor NationsBank) advising affluent families with wealth-building strategies to include trust and estate management, investments, private banking and charitable planning.
You may also be interested in: